Monday, November 18, 2013

Field Roast "Cooks in the Field" Recipe Contest Winner

I'm a Grill Master! Well, at least according to Field Roast, the artisan grain meat company.  A few weeks ago I submitted this recipe for Field Roast stuffed boomers to the Field Roast Cooks in the Field recipe contest.  My friend Holly encouraged me to sign up given my love affair with the succulent vegan sausages.  And low and behold, I won! I am excited to participate with the other contest winners, the "Urban Foodie" Joy Martin of the blog Braisen Woman and the "Healthy Homemaker" Sarah Creighton of the blog Veggie Kids.

A preview of my shipment (Photo from @fieldroast)
According to the contest terms and conditions, as Grill Master I will create 10 new recipes (2 per month for the next 5 months) using Field Roast products.  Field Roast will post the recipes on their blog to share with the vegan masses all over the world.  This week, I will receive my first shipment of grain meats from Seattle.  Over the course of the next few months, I will receive Field Roast coupons, a Field Roast swag bag, another shipment of Field Roast products, "exposure and Field Roast fame!"

Field Roast has really been stepping up the recipe section on their website and this contest is another stellar effort to engage their customers.  Last winter, I declared Field Roast as "the best vegan tailgate food," in an ballad to the company based in Seattle, Washington.  Keep tabs on their blog for full bios, photographs and recipes coming soon.


(Update: Here is my Cooks in the Field Spotlight)


Here is my quote from their website:
“I really got into cooking after college and like many guys, my favorite thing to do was grill. Combined with my love for football, tailgating came naturally. Walk through any pre-game at a college or pro football game and see the displays put on by veteran tailgaters. There is so much pride in what they do; one could argue it’s the ultimate eating experience in America. Meat often takes center stage. Unless you feel like eating chips and salsa, vegans are left out in the cold. I’m here to say it doesn’t have to be that way!”
I can't wait to share more of the delicious details with you all.  If you are lucky, you may be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor in the test kitchen!  Thank you for all your support of Hold the Pigskin.  The past couple of months have been the best ever for the site and the future is bright.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your contest win!! Better be cooking up some hot chilli for tomorrow... It's gonna be a cold tailgate!

    ReplyDelete