|Breaking: Hummus and Gravy go well together|
If I have to describe mushrooms in one word it’d be “luxurious.” They are earthy, rich and perfect for the grill. Field Roast Wild Mushroom deli slices are made from a variety of fresh mushrooms so they impart many of the same characteristics. This Panini can be grilled a variety of ways. Over an open fire with a cast iron grill press, a counter-top Panini press, a skillet or in the oven if you’re feeding a crowd. The hummus pairs nicely with the grilled mushrooms and deli slices. When you dip the Panini in the mushroom gravy you truly are living in the lap of luxury. Enjoy!
- 2 packages Field Roast Wild Mushroom Deli Slices
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup hummus
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 8 slices sturdy, thinly sliced bread
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos, tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup mushroom gravy (I used Field Roast Davy’s Porcini Mushroom Gravy)
- Stir the spices into the liquid aminios and coat the Portobello mushrooms.
- Grill the mushrooms until soft, about 5 minutes per side.
- Thinly slice the grilled mushrooms and set aside.
- Assemble the Panini’s: spread a heaping table spoon of hummus on each slice of bread. Layer 3-4 slices of the Field Roast Wild Mushroom on 4 of the slices. Cover with the sliced grilled mushrooms and a handful of spinach. Put the other slice of bread on top and press down
- Grill about 5 minutes per side over medium-low heat. Be careful not to burn! (Also, feel free to use any of the grilling methods mentioned above)
- Serve alongside warm mushroom gravy for dipping