There is nothing healthy about this dip, which is probably why it tastes so good. Vegan cream cheese, sour cream and cheese. Two packages of shredded Beyond Meat chicken strips. An entire bottle of Frank's Red Hot. My mouth just starts salivating recapping those ingredients.
The Beyond Chicken makes this dish special. The self-
proclaimed "future of protein," now has a roster of sports stars endorsing their product. Made with non-gmo soy and pea protein, the chicken also has some great flavor and shreds perfectly. Do not use another brand when making this dish!
One final tip before I get into the recipe. Invest in a cast iron pot so you can make this dish on the grill. The unvieling off the grill will draw ooh's and ah's from the crowd. Enjoy!
|Nick was pestering me all week for this recipe. Sorry for the delay!|
- 1 1/2 lbs shredded Beyond Chicken
- 1 12-oz bottle Frank’s Hot Wing Sauce (DO NOT substitute Tabasco whatever you do. Be careful, Frank's "Buffalo" sauce has dairy in it.)
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces (half a bottle) vegan Ranch dressing or sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 4 ounces vegan shredded cheddar cheese
- Grilled pita and/or celery sticks for dipping
- In a cast iron dish, spread out the chicken and pour the wing sauce over. Mix well and spread out, covering the entire bottom of the dish.
- In a medium sized saucepot, combine the cream cheese and ranch dressing. Whisk while heating until smooth. You don’t want any cream cheese clumps!
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the chicken and spread out. Sprinkle the celery and green onion on top. Grill with tight lid for fifteen minutes.
- After fifteen minutes, sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top and continue baking for another ten to fifteen minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is bubbling. Remove from heat and let sit for ten minutes. Stir well and serve with grilled pita and celery sticks.
|Shredded Beyond Chicken|
|In with the Frank's!|
|Melted cream cheese and sour cream|
|Toss on some greenery|
|After 15 minutes, add the cheese. Look at the bubbles!|